The Watch Academy (Level 1) For 26 January 2019
Learning to take apart and re-assembling a watch within a day - think it is impossible? Think again. Level 1 of our watch-making course will see you working on a mechanical watch, which is also yours to keep subsequent to the course. It will serve as a conversational piece that you literally know inside out!
1) Using a Timegrapher to determine the watch’s performance, understanding the concepts of rate, amplitude, beat xq and measurement parameters (beats per hour, lift angle, etc.)
2) Demagnetising the watch and your tools
3) Opening up the watch
4) Releasing the mainspring tension
5) Dismantling the hands, dial and movement progressively
6) Understanding how a watch works and troubleshooting issues
7) Why each watch part is there and the function it serves
8) Cleaning, pegging and inspection of individual components before assembly
9) Inspecting and oiling of components during assembly
10) Setting the dial and hands
11) Regulating the watch using the Timegrapher
12) Q&A and Class Summary
Course Duration: 10am to 6pm (with 1 hour lunch break)
Location: Watch Wonderland, 3 Temasek Boulevard, Suntec City Mall #01-470/472, Singapore 038983 (Opposite Pasarbella, Tower 1)
*No prior experience is required. Please bring along a thumbdrive for this course.
Terms and Conditions:
-Please be informed that no refunds will be entertained.
-Postponement of the class schedule will be allowed, up to a maximum of seven (7) days from the course date. After which, the full amount of the course fee will be forfeited.
-A minimum of 3 students are required for the course to commence. If the minimum turnout is not reached 3 days before the event, participants will be called to arrange another timeslot at no extra cost.
-By making the payment for the class, your slot will be confirmed and it also constitutes your agreement to the terms and conditions.