The Leather Academy (Level 1) For 20 Oct 2018
No watch is ever complete without a strap, especially one that further tells your audience about your personality. Take this one step further by building you own strap with Watch Wonderland’s Leather Academy.
In Level 1, you will learn the basics of leather crafting, from in-depth knowledge of the leather types to actually crafting your very own leather NATO strap for a watch in your collection. After attending this course, you will be able to distinguish between the various qualities of leather straps in the market, as well as possess an appreciation for leather in the finest ways possible.
Syllabus (Level 1) NATO/ZULU Straps:
1) Understanding and Identifying Leather (Difference between Vegetable and Chrome Tanned Leathers)
2) Identifying Leather from different animals
3) Applications of different knives used in leather crafting
4) Explain action and identification of different tools used in leather crafting
5) Measurement of watch straps
6) How and where to cut leather
7) Pattern making for NATO/ZULU Straps
8) Cutting your own straps
9) Stitching in hardware
10) Hole punching
11) Fitting in of straps
Course Duration: 10am to 3pm (with 1 hour lunch break)
Location: Watch Wonderland, 3 Temasek Boulevard, Suntec City Mall #01-470/472, Singapore 038983 (Opposite Pasarbella, Tower 1)
*No prior experience is required.
Please take note that a minimum of 4 students are required for the course to commence. If the minimum turnout is not reached 3 days before the event, participants will be called to arrange another timeslot.